Infantry being damaged when walking on tiberium (not just standing there) is a feature of Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun. Ares brings this feature back and extends it to work with all unit types.
Units killed by Tiberium Damage may convert into a Visceroid. See Visceroids
New in version 0.5.
Enabling Tiberium Damage¶
Ares requires a new tag to be set to enable the Damage feature, and it
does no longer damage units that are positioned above
- Whether tiberium damages units that are not tiberium proof. Required for the following tags to work. Defaults to no.
Who gets damaged¶
All units that are not tiberium proof (neither through the tag
TiberiumProof nor through the TIBERIUM_PROOF veteran ability)
whill be damaged when entering a cell containing tiberium. It does not matter
how long they stay in a cell.
- Whether this unit is immune to tiberium damage. Defaults to no for InfantryTypes, to yes otherwise.
Damage and Warhead¶
The damage and the warhead used to deliver it can be customized for each of the Tiberiums.
- The damage a unit that is not tiberium proof receives from entering a cell containing this type of Tiberium. Defaults to Power / 10, but at least 1.
The warhead that deals the Tiberium Damage. Defaults to
This is not used for the Tiberium Explosive feature.
Visceroids have been recreated partially.
They will move around the map, and when two units with
[General]►SmallVisceroid) meet, they will merge into a unit of type
Visceroids will not yet retreat to a patch of tiberium to regenerate health when badly damaged.
When units die because of Tiberium Damage, there is a chance they will spawn a
unit of type
[General]►SmallVisceroid (if defined). This logic requires
[Basic]►TiberiumDeathToVisceroid=yes in a map to work. The Visceroid is
owned by the country Neutral.
Ares adds a global tag that can be customized for each type. The global tag existed since Tiberian Sun but did not do anything.
[General]►TiberiumTransmogrify=(integer - percent)
- Chance of which a unit dying of tiberium damage transforms into a
[General]►SmallVisceroid. Defaults to 0.
[TechnoType]►TiberiumTransmogrify=(integer - percent)
- Chance of which a unit of this type dying of tiberium damage transforms into a
[General]►SmallVisceroid. Defaults to
New in version 0.5.