If you have more campaigns than the game’s default Campaign Selection menu
supports you can switch to a campaign list as in Tiberian Sun.
Ares supports an arbitrary number of campaigns. Every non-debug battle
battlemd.ini will show up in the list under the name defined
Enable the campaign list in
- Enables the campaign list instead of the game’s default menu. Defaults to no.
- The number of campaigns shown in the Campaign list without scrolling. The
number of campaigns shown cannot be less than 3. The maximum number
ShowSummary. Defaults to 7.
- Whether the campaign list displays a campaign’s
Summarybelow the difficulty selection. If shown, the maximum campaign list size is 14, otherwise it is 18. Defaults to yes.
- Also displays campaigns in the list that have DebugOnly=yes set. Defaults to no.
You can customize the campaigns in the list by editing
- The sound to be played when the player selects a campaign. This defaults to AlliedCampaignSelect, SovietCampaignSelect, and BootCampSelect for the original in-game campaigns. The selection menu plays them when the mouse hovers over the respective campaign’s image.
- Provide an optional summary of the campaign’s or mission’s story. It will be
shown below the difficulty slider if not disabled using
New in version 0.2.
Changed in version 0.9.